[MITgcm-support] Tracer Reset

Yuan Lian lian at ashimaresearch.com
Wed Nov 28 21:26:18 EST 2012

Hi Alon,

I am not familiar with the ocean modeling. There may be some setting
available for this.

One way to do this is to insert a timer subroutine for loading the
initial tracer fields, e.g., somewhere
after "CALL PTRACERS_CYCLE(bi,bj,myTime,myIter,myThid)" in
tracers_correction_step.F.
For example (see how to use the following in codes write_state.F and
ptracers_init_varia.F):

LOGICAL  DIFFERENT_MULTIPLE
EXTERNAL DIFFERENT_MULTIPLE

_RL resetFreq
resetFreq=10.*365.*86400.

IF DIFFERENT_MULTIPLE(resetFreq,myTime,deltaTClock) THEN
     DO iTracer = 1, PTRACERS_numInUse
         IF ( PTRACERS_initialFile(iTracer) .NE. ' ' ) THEN
          CALL READ_FLD_XYZ_RL(PTRACERS_initialFile(iTracer),' ',
      &        pTracer(1-Olx,1-Oly,1,1,1,iTracer),0,myThid)
          _EXCH_XYZ_RL(pTracer(1-Olx,1-Oly,1,1,1,iTracer),myThid)
         ENDIF
        ENDDO
ENDIF

I hope someone can give you suggestion on an easier method.

Best,
Yuan