[MITgcm-support] Combine netcdf output using matlab version 2010a

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Mar 19 04:50:05 EDT 2012

Hi Yeal,

Serge is right, the function mnc_assembly relies on the "old" mexcdf53 file, that was not part of "official" matlab distributions (so one needed to install it as a separate toolbox). With newer matlab distributions, this mexcdf53 stuff is usually no longer necessary, because matlab now has it own build-in netcdf API, so mexcdf53 is usually not installed. For you it means, that you either install it yourself or, which I would do in your case, rewrite mnc_assembly to use the new API. It's not that hard. Have a look at rdmnc.m for examples, or at the attached ncload.m, where I tried to do something similar.

Alternatively, you can use the scripts gluemnc/xplodemnc to glue your files together (usually faster than matlab, but requires the nco operations).

Martin