[MITgcm-support] tauSaltClimRelax for global ocean simulation at 1 deg resolution

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Jun 21 03:02:35 EDT 2012

Krishnakumar,

the restoring time scale tau is a tunable parameter. Some people refert to dz(1)/tau as a piston velocity, and you may want to choose tau based on assumptions about a piston velocity. I recommend reading papers such as Griffies et al 2009, Ocean Modelling (the 1. CORE paper) to get a feeling about how to choose these parameters.

Marrtin