[MITgcm-support] A Query about "prof_exemple.nc" in "global_with_exf"

Abhisek Chakraborty abhisek.sac at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 12:09:10 EDT 2012

Dear All,

I am doing some experiments with EXF package supplied with MITgcm. I
found the example case "verification/global_with_exf" (MITgcm 63m). In
the "input" directory there are two files "data.profiles" and
"prof_exemple.nc". I didn't find anything regarding these files in the
manual. However I found that the example case runs only with the
presence of these files, otherwise (if these files are removed) the
model stops, showing an error with missing input profile data.

Can somebody please explain the requirements of these files? Also if
the profile information is necessary for EXF package, please explain
how to prepare the "prof_exemple.nc" for other applications using EXF
package.

Thanking in advance,

Abhisek