[MITgcm-support] caledar package

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Wed Jun 6 17:03:59 EDT 2012

Hi Martha,

David is right:
1) pkg/diagnostics shapshots ignores calendarDumps. I will try
 to change this soon.
2) for pkg/diagnostics shapshots, the default phase (timePhase in
 data.diagnostics) is half of the corresponding frequency (whereas
 for time-averaged diagnostics, the default phase is zero), so that
 if you want shapshots output with no phase lag, you will need to
 specify explicitly in data.diagnostics: timePhase(n)=0.

But regarding this half day shift:
> >For the time average diagnostics, the real calender months works fine (except
> >for the first output is at 30.5 days rather than as it should be at 31
I don't know; might be useful to send your parameter files (data, data.cal,
 data.diagnostics).

Cheers,
Jean-Michel