[MITgcm-support] Artificial Zonal Symmetries

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Jun 5 03:05:25 EDT 2012

Hi Alon,

how do you compile and run the model? I think you need to do something like this:

$rootdir/tools/genmake2 -of $youroptfile -mods $yourcode -mpi

Don't forget the -mpi, that tells genmake2 to generate a makefile that will include the mpi-related code, then

make CLEAN && make depend && make etc.

mpirun -np 36 mitgcmuv_ad

unrelated comments:
- why is Oly .ne. Olx? I would always have the two overlaps have the same value.
- why do you use nSx/y=2? Are you trying to do multithreading? I would start with one tile per cpu (npx), so nsx/y=1 (and adjust snx/y accordingly) and once that works you can try 4 tiles per cpu (although it has been explained to my about a million times why this can be useful, I still have not seen an application where this actually increases the overall performance, ie. time to solution).

Martin