[MITgcm-support] libnetcdff.so.5 not found!

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Jul 26 10:00:18 EDT 2012

Taimaz,

this is very likely a problem, that you have to solve with your system administrator. *.so.* are dynamic libraries that are loaded only at runtime. The system needs to know where these libraries are at runtime. Maybe you need to set some environment variable, such as LD_LIBRARY_PARTH, check with your sys-admin.
Alternatively you can compile with static libraries (you need to tell your compiler with appriopriate flags).

M.