[MITgcm-support] libnetcdff.so.5 not found!

taimaz.bahadory taimaz.bahadory at mun.ca
Thu Jul 26 09:04:20 EDT 2012

Hi;

I'm trying to run mitgcm on a queue system, which has netCDF installed on
it. The make file doesn't generate any error on not being able to find the
netCDF while compiling, but when I want to run the compiled mitgcmuv file,
it says:
"./mitgcmuv: error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdff.so.5: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory"
but I can see the "libnetcdff.so.5" in the lib directory of where netCDF is
installed (I don't know why mitgcm cannot locate it)
Has anyone faced such problem before?