[MITgcm-support] Gravity Plume on a Continental Slope Experiment

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Jul 10 17:09:51 EDT 2012

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for reporting this problem.

I think the manual (section 3.16.2) is missing parenthesis in denomitor,
for the expression of Delta_x2.
It should be
Delta_x2 = [ Lx / 2 ] / [ Nx - Lx/(2 Delta_x1) ]
instead of:
Delta_x2 = [ Lx / 2 ] / [ Nx - Lx/2 Delta_x1 ]

Is this enough to reconciliate gendata.m (in verification/tutorial_plume_on_slope/input/)
and the manual ?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel