[MITgcm-support] Eta is fine,but velocity is too large

Chun-Yan Zhou c.zhou at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 06:57:44 EST 2012

Hi all,
 I want to simulate the tide in East China Sea, with open boundary at the East and South. I provide the Eta file as the boundary condition. The Eta result is fine, close to the real tidal height, however, the velocity is too large, even up to 13m/s, when the viscAh=1E2; the I change the visAh=1E4, the velocity became smaller, so did the Eta. I also change the bottomDragQuadratic from 0.003 to 0.0001, but didn't make the velocity smaller. Is there any parameter I could set to reduce the largest velocity while keep the Eta as it is?
 Any suggestion is highly appreciate!
 chunyan

 # ====================
# | Model parameters |