[MITgcm-support] CS Grid Generator and Convertor Matlab Scripts

Yuan Lian lian at ashimaresearch.com
Wed Feb 15 16:46:07 EST 2012

Hi Chris,

OK, if I understand correctly, the "rdda" gave you the error message
"Not enough data was available to be read: off EOF?". Can you try to
read some .bin files using the fopen function directly?

For example:

fid=fopen('LONG.bin','r','b'); long=fread(fid,'real*8'); nrec=length(long);

"nrec" is the number of records you have in "LONG.bin", which should be
exactly nx*6*nx. For instance, if you generated C16, then
nrec=1536=16*6*16. If nrec gives a different number then there is
something wrong with the grid generation routines (as far as I can tell,
they should work).

Please let me know what you find.

Best,
Yuan