[MITgcm-support] mnc_assembly for Matlab 2011a

Lauderdale, Jonathan J.Lauderdale at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Aug 15 08:23:51 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am also using Matlab 2011a....my version of mnc_assembly uses the old "netcdf-toolbox" (by Charles Denham) to read in the tiles and currently-supported "SNCTOOLS" (John Evans) to write the global file, i.e. you need both in your matlab path. I was going to post a link to download the netcdf-toolbox (if you hadnt already got it) to see if that was why it wasnt working for you but I find that it has vanished...I've attached my local copy, so your milage may vary.

This combination came about because the old routines, that were completely written using netcdf-toolbox, started inexplicably producing empty global files. Hence I only fixed the broke bit (it works for me anyway). I guess now that the netcdf-toolbox is mia then the best solution would be to re-write it using snctools or directly with the matlab interface, but I've not got round to it yet!

Cheers,

Jon