[MITgcm-support] cartesian grid

Himansu Pradhan oceancalling at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 07:44:19 EDT 2012

Hello MITgcm users,

I am using "Cartesian Grid" in the model. The Wind stress field  in my
model domain looks like figure feb_tech.jpg (monthly climatological wind
stress)

Plotting the same Wind Stress field in matlab (before making Input binary
files) the plot looks like Input.jpg. (attached below both the figures)

In Comparing both the plots it is seen , that the DIRECTION OF THE VECTORS
of figure "Input.jpg" has been rotated (clearly seen in SOUTHERN region) .
this means that i am providing wrong WIND STRESS (Input) to the MODEL.

I want to know how other modelers (those using Cartesian coordinates in the
MODEL) deals with it  ???? / Should i rotate my model domain (how to do
this in the MODEL)????? / Or any kind of suggestion/help

Thanking all in advance,

-himansu