[MITgcm-support] How does the ALLOW_ADDFLUID option work?‏

diego bruciaferri diebr81 at hotmail.it
Fri Sep 9 11:27:49 EDT 2011

Hi Mitgcmers,

I'm graduating at Univpm (Ancona, Italy) University in Marine and
Oceanographic Biological Sciences and, for my thesis, I'm trying to use
the Mitgcm model to study the behavior of a cold chlorinated sinking
marine water's source from a LNG Terminal.
Reading the Manual and some mails in Mitgcm-support archives I've seen
the possibility to use the option ADDFLUID to add a marine water sinking
source internal to the model domain (open water) and below the sea
surface, but I didn't find any documentation about how to use this
option.
Do you think the ADD_FLUID option is what I need and where can I find
any detailed documentation?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,

Diego