[MITgcm-support] bathy file with Spherical Polar Grid

Lequan Chi lequanchi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 21:52:54 EDT 2011

Hi, Martin

Thank you for your reply. Here is the related part of the "data" file.  The
Luzon_3d.topo is the bathy file derived from ETOP1
(http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/gdas/gd_designagrid.html?dbase=grdet1), whose
value is negative in sea area.

The Luzon_3d.topo.mat ,which is more convenient to read by matlab, is the
.mat version of Luzon_3d.topo.

# Gridding parameters
&PARM04
usingCartesianGrid=.FALSE.,
usingSphericalPolarGrid=.TRUE.,
delZ=50*10.,20*50.,20*150.,
ygOrigin=-14.649090,
# xgOrigin= 63.898265194,
zCoordInputData=.TRUE.,
delXfile='dlon.init',
# delX=3424*250.,
delYfile='dlat.init',
# delY=158*1000.,
&

# Input datasets
&PARM05
bathyFile='Luzon_3d.topo',
And another param you may need:
readBinaryPrec=64,

By the way, I have tried to use dXspaing and dYspacing instead of delXfile
and delYfile on account of the nonuniform of the grid. But it is still
useless.

Lequan Chi