[MITgcm-support] Excess cooling at the surface layers

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Oct 27 10:18:21 EDT 2011

7degC in 15days corresponds to a surface heat flux of rho*cp*7K*10m/15days > 200W/m^2 for your 10m surface layer.  That's a lot. What about other parameters, such as ETAN?

I have no experience with Orlanski BCs. As a test you could close all boundaries and see if you still loose so much heat.

Martin