[MITgcm-support] curvilinear grid

Madhu madhu.iitd at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 05:30:46 EDT 2011

Sorry Martin,
This time I am sending the entire project folder as 'madhu.tar'.

As per your suggestion, after removing the 'useCubedSphereExchange=.TRUE'
flag in eedata file the previous warning massage has gone.
However, the model had stopped at 7th itteration  with the following massage
on the screen

$ ./mitgcmuv >curvi.txt
SOLUTION IS HEADING OUT OF BOUNDS: tMin,tMax= -2.356E+10  5.602E+10
  exceeds allowed range (monSolutionMaxRange=  1.000E+03)
MON_SOLUTION: STOPPING CALCULATION at Iter=         7
S/R ALL_PROC_DIE: ending the run
STOP ABNORMAL END: S/R MON_SOLUTION, stops due to EXTREME Pot.Temp
$

Also Martin, it will be important to mention here that some of the grid
varible used in the input folder are having dummy values. The curvilinear
grid used here is derived from SEAGRID tool (SeaGrid Orthogonal Grid Maker
For Matlab). Which generates the curvilinear grids for the models like ECOM,
POM and ROMS. But it does not calculate the all input varibles required for
MITGCM ( the varible calulated are RA,DXF, DYF, LATC, LATC, Z, ANG (angle of
the x-axix w.r.t North)). Therefore for initial test i took the dummy values
as
DXF=DXG=DXV
DYF=DYG=DYU
LATC=LATG
LONC=LONG
RA=RAZ=RAW=RAS

I also tried to plot the Bathy written from model output, but it is
coming as two tiles.
Do you think this problem will be resolved if we give correct grid
information?

Regards
Madhu Joshi