[MITgcm-support] What is the use of package layers?

Ryan Abernathey rpa at MIT.EDU
Sat Oct 15 10:30:32 EDT 2011

Hi Lequan,

This package is in development. It is for computing volume transports
averaged in iso[therma/pycnal] layers. This is useful for  calculating
residual circulations in eddy-resolving simulations. I hope to add
documentation and examples soon.

What is your application? If you tell us more, I can tell you whether
layers would be useful in your case.

I wasn't aware that layers had been put into exp4. I am a bit
surprised in fact because layers is mainly only useful in eddy-
resolving simulations.

-R