[MITgcm-support] Problem with parallel build

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Nov 11 11:15:17 EST 2011

Hi Chunyan,

I am glad you can compile now.

libmpi_f77.so is a dynamic library. Dynamic libraries are loaded at run time (the lib*.a are static libraries loaded and included into the executable at compile time).  This is something that you need to discuss with your sys-admin, ie., do you need to set environment paths such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Alternatively you can try to compile with "-static-libgfortran" (if the static libraries exist), see "man gfortran".

Martin