[MITgcm-support] lib64/libopen-pal.so.0: undefined symbol: __intel_sse2_strlen

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue Mar 8 13:15:59 EST 2011

Hi Natliya

You are compiling with -shared-intel, so you need to have the
Intel library directory on your LD_LIBRARY_PATH at runtime.
If this is a cluster, this means on all nodes.
Add it to your .bashrc/.cshrc, or better, source the appropriate
Intel ifortvars.[sh,csh] script there.
Something like this:

source /path/to/intel/bin/ifortvars.[sh,csh]

An alternative is to change -shared-intel to -static-intel
in your options file.

I hope it helps,
Gus Correa