[MITgcm-support] rdmnc

Bruno Deremble bderemble at fsu.edu
Mon Jun 13 16:24:46 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have a question about the matlab routine rdmnc.m (in utils/matlab/)
I want to load only a selection of tiles and so I do rdmnc(file7,file8..., var)
It works but the non read tiles are replaced by zeros (cf attached pictures) and the table is twice too big (at least in my case) which gives me memory problems. There are some workarounds (like cutting the array afterwards). But, do you think rdmnc can create the array with the good dimension? and thus avoid manipulating big arrays?

thanks
bruno