[MITgcm-support] Bottom Linear Drag

xiao at cims.nyu.edu xiao at cims.nyu.edu
Thu Jul 28 15:30:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

I would like to turn on the parameter "bottomDragLinear". The manual says
that the typical value for it is of the order 0.0002m/s. Could anyone tell
me what does it assume about the thickness of the bottom Ekman layer? Or
how can I adjust it with the bottom layer thickness of my model?

Another question is that if I set diagSt_mnc =.TRUE., I cannot find any
stat-diags outputs. However, if I set diagSt_mnc =.FALSE., I can get .txt
files for stat-diags. Does anyone know why is it so?

Thank you very much,
Xiao