[MITgcm-support] parallel running

Mahdi Mohammadi mahdiaragh at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 01:46:47 EDT 2011

Hi Martin,
Thanks for your help. Now It is working, but I still receive the below Warnings,
I have no idea whether it is a problem or not.

Can we register a signal handler using ifort...  no
&
ifort: command line warning #10121: overriding '-static-intel' with
'-shared-intel'
ifort: command line warning #10120: overriding '-O3' with '-O2'
ifort: command line warning #10121: overriding '-xT' with '-xHost'

Regards,
Mahdi

Hi Mahdi,

after you have done a successful single cpu-run, I think you need to edit the
opt file to adjust it to your system. I particular you need to the mitgcm where
you mpi-header files are (e.g., mpi.h). Alternatively you can follow the
instructions in linux_ia32_ifort11+mpi_generic and set MPI_INC_DIR (o: Also your
mpi-installation needs to be able to use ifort (it seems to be configured for
gfortran, right?).

I suggest that you talk to your system-admin to figure these things out.

Martin