[MITgcm-support] verification global1x1 input files

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Jul 12 02:12:55 EDT 2011

Hi Jake,

JMD95P is an EOS-option and does not require any extra files (unlike "POLY3", which I think is more or less obsolete), the other options are JMD95Z (both based on Jackett and McDougall, 1995) and MDJWF (based on a paper by McDougall, Jackett, Wright and Feistel, 2002/3?).

I do not think that global1x1_tot is a good verification experiment (it is not tested). I'd use something else (e.g. global_ocean.cs32x15, where all input files are in the repository).

Martin