[MITgcm-support] Prather Advection Scheme 80

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Sat Jul 9 10:10:43 EDT 2011

Hi Callum,

> I am trying to implement the Prather advection scheme but it won't work!
SOM is used and tested (including reading/writing pickups) in
several set-ups, so it's generally considered "reliable".

It's likely that you will increase the chance to fix the problem
if you provide more informations: which packages are you using
(ptracers ?), which tracer uses SOM (T ?, S ?, ...),
the relevant part of parameter file "data" (data.ptracers ?),
and the last lines of STDOUT.00?? before it stops.
Also, do you have some "customized" source files in your code
directory (the genmake2 -mods argument) ?
Some idea on platform/compiler/optfile could also help.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel