[MITgcm-support] parallel computing with mitgcm

Azbayar Demberel asic at cs.duke.edu
Mon Jan 24 14:51:09 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'm a total novice and I'm trying to understand the parallelism
primitives supported in mitgcm. Can anyone explain to me why is it
necessary to provide the number of parallel processors in advance? Or to
quote from online documentation: "The numeric value /of number of
processors np /must be equal to the product of the processor grid
settings of /nPx/ and /nPy/ in the file /SIZE.h"

Is there a version of mitgcm that supports runs on a grid/cloud-like
environment, where experiments are divided into multiple jobs, which can
be queued and executed once resources become available?

Thanks,
Asic
/