[MITgcm-support] oasis ????

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Jan 24 03:38:05 EST 2011

Hi Nico,

there is no (publically available and working) OASIS package (so far). I am still working on the code. I have only included the hooks to  this package, so that the number of file that I have to update all the time is reduced to a minimum.

I have no explanation as to why are getting this problem. Here's the relevant code
packages_check.F:
[...]
#ifdef ALLOW_OASIS
      IF (useOASIS) CALL OASIS_CHECK( myThid )
#else
      IF (useOASIS) CALL PACKAGES_ERROR_MSG('OASIS',' ',myThid)
#endif
[...]
and PACKAGES_ERROR_MSG then actually write out the error and stops. So it means, that somehow your configuration has ALLOW_OASIS undefined (that's the default and therefore good, because there is no pubic package yet) but useOASIS = .true. (in eedata).

If you do not have such a line in eedata, then something completely unrelated is happening, e.g. a problem with common block length. I could imagine that you have local copies of *.h files that may have changed in the repository (e.g. the common block length EEPARAMS_L in EEPARAMS.h, or something less obvious), so that useOASIS is now interpreted as a different variable. I'd go through the files that you have in your local "code" directory and check how the original ones have changed during this update and merge these changes into your local versions.

Martin

PS. thanks for running into this, this puts a little pressure on me to sort out the OASIS stuff at my end, too