[MITgcm-support] Question about ploadfile

lianzhan lianzhan at fio.org.cn
Sun Feb 27 09:11:41 EST 2011

Hi All

I'm using MITgcm and running an ocean simulation at 1* resolution in
pressure coordinates. I got a question about how to

make the ploadfile.

For a climtological run, I should use the annual average T/S to calculate
the depth(Pa), and use monthly anomaly of T/S to calculate

the height anomaly. The monthly height anomaly is the only reason that why
we have to use ploadfile. Are these correct or not?

Moreover, do I need to use ploadfile to adjust the change of depth caused by
the discrete vertical levels?

If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Lian Zhan