[MITgcm-support] Preparing the input to the model

aslavin at mun.ca aslavin at mun.ca
Thu Feb 10 11:24:26 EST 2011

Hello,

You can use MATLAB writebin.m script (you can find it in MITgcm). Or made it:

function writebin(fnam,fld,typ,prec)

% Function writebin(fnam,fld,typ,prec)
% write N-D binary field
%
% INPUTS
% fnam  input path and file name
% fld   input array
% typ   0: sequential FORTRAN (default);  1: plain binary
% prec  numeric precision (default 'real*4')
%
% SEE ALSO
% readbin

if nargin < 4, prec='real*4'; end
if nargin < 3, typ=0; end
if nargin < 2, error('please specify array and output file name'); end

fid=fopen(fnam,'w','ieee-be');
switch typ
  case 0
    write_record(fid,fld,prec);
  case 1
    fwrite(fid,fld,prec);
end
fid=fclose(fid);

After that just made your own script like this example:

T = zeros(100, 100, 100);  - your X,Y,Z

for k = 1:100
    for i = 1:100
         for j = 1:100