[MITgcm-support] Running MITgcm on Ubuntu.

Menemenlis, Dimitris (3248) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 2 12:39:04 EST 2011

Gede, MITgcm will work right out of the box on ubuntu with default compiler.
For example, chec-out a fresh version of MITgcm then

cd MITgcm/verification
./testreport -t lab_sea

By default on ubuntu, the following optfile will be used:
MITgcm/tools/build_options/linux_ia32_gfortran

You can specify a different compiler and/or modify this file
if you are not happy with default compilation options.

Dimitris