[MITgcm-support] Set a density distribution

fancer fancer fancer.lancer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 17:06:53 EDT 2011

Matt,

I mean dynamics density, but for initial conditions.
I mean can I set a matrix with 3D density profile of my area, instead of
setting T and S at initial time?
If I understand your answer properly, I can not.
I looked the equations of model and understood what it is impossible.
Every time calculates T and S  through the special equations. Then density
calculates through EOS and desity goes to equation of motion.
MITgcm do not have a equation for  evolution of density. But if it has, it
can be possible. Right?

Sincerely,
Serge Semin