[MITgcm-support] Set a density distribution

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 18 16:34:00 EDT 2011

Hi Serge,

Do you mean reference density or dynamics density.

Dynamic density is not  a model input, but instead calculated from T
and S using one of the equation of state (EOS) options.  Some of the
EOS have matlab equivalents in
http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm/utils/matlab/

Reference density is taken as a constant, and should not be spatially
varying....

-Matt