[MITgcm-support] forcing was not changing

anuradha.modi at iccsir.org anuradha.modi at iccsir.org
Wed Sep 29 07:33:33 EDT 2010

Dear users,

I am new user of MIT-OGCM model.
I spinned up the model for 850 years with climatological forcing ( seasonal data) for the model to get stabilize.
Now I want to conduct an experiment running from 850-880 years (using 850th restart file) by giving 30years monthly EmP (Evaporation minus Precipitation) forcing keeping other forcings like SST, SSS, winds etc same as climatology.
I gave the run by copying the mitgcmuv executable file, input files in a folder
and by changing the data file ( data file attached).
The run completed, but If I see the ouput Temperature, Salinity etc, they are same as the
ouput of my climatological run.
The model is not taking the EmP forcing which I changed.
I am unable to find out why the model is unable to take the new forcing.

Anybody came across this kind of problem?
In this situation how to figure out the problem.

Any help is highly appreciable..

Thanks in Advance
Anuradha Modi,
India