[MITgcm-support] Increasing the number of grid points

Joseph Schoonover js08s at fsu.edu
Tue Sep 21 16:44:54 EDT 2010

To whom it may concern,

I am working off of the rotating_tank experiment under ../verification.  I have been able to run the model with default parameters with no problem. Now, I would like to increase the tank size without losing resolution, i.e., I need to increase the number of grid points. I've gone into '../input/size.h' and changed sNy to 60. Upon compilation I receive an error referring to the binary 'bathyPolR.bin'

 I'm not too familiar with how binary files work, in general, but I know that I need to modify the file 'bathyPolR.bin' in order to increase the number of grid points.

 Given that I want to keep the same precision, how can I go about modifying 'bathyPolR.bin' ?

Thanks in advance,
Joe Schoonover

Undergraduate Researcher, GFDI