[MITgcm-support] Lateral diffusion input file?

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Nov 12 12:21:57 EST 2010

Hi Maria,

there are no 3D lateral diffusion fields that I know of. Instead the diffusive fluxes are computed per layer in pkg/generic_advdiff/gad_calc_rhs.F
So as a hack you could modify that file by setting the diffusivities to zero (or a small value) when k>1.  (e.g. by not calling gad_diff_x/y for k>1)

Martin