[MITgcm-support] Documentation - stars in correction step

Aurelien Ponte aponte at ucsd.edu
Tue May 18 22:34:21 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Could somebody please confirm to a confused newbie that v* should be
v** in Eq. 2.40 and 2.48 of documentation (correction step) ?

It seems to make more sense to me and is what I understand from my
deciphering of the code.

Also in momentum_correction_step.F:
C     | The arrays used for time stepping are cycled.
C     | Momentum:
C     |           V(n) = Gv(n) - dt * grad Eta
C     |
C     |part1: update U,V
C     |  U*,V* (contained in gU,gV) have the surface
C     |     pressure gradient term added and the result stored
C     |     in U,V (contained in uVel, vVel)
but further down:
C-        Update velocity fields:  V(n) = V** - dt * grad Eta

Thanks
aurelien