[MITgcm-support] help with rbcs package

Suneet Dwivedi suneetdwivedi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 00:06:38 EDT 2010

Hi All,
I wish to use rbcs package with high *tauRelaxPTR *at all times except
between particular times where it will be low. Could any of you please let
me know how to get model run time/iteration no/ step no. information.

Suppose i want to use low value of tauRelaxPTR between say time steps
100-200 and high values at all other places. I see that I can make relevant
modifications in *rbcs_readparms.F*, for example, as follows:

     DO iTracer=1,1
        useRBCptrnum(iTracer)=.FALSE.
       if  (( ???? .LE. 200 ) .and.
     &     ( ???? .GE. 100 )) then
       tauRelaxPTR(iTracer)=3600.
       else
        tauRelaxPTR(iTracer)=86400000.
       endif
       DO ic = 1,MAX_LEN_FNAM
           relaxPtracerFile(iTracer)(ic:ic) = ' '
       ENDDO
      ENDDO

Could any of you please suggest me what should I use in place of ????.
I tried "myIter" but it seems to give wrong values. Which parameter of the
model then tells us about time step, time sec etc? Please help me resolve
this problem.

Thanks,
Suneet