[MITgcm-support] ptracer start at advanced time

Samar Khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Mar 18 01:10:40 EDT 2010

Hi,

I can think of two solutions:

If you're initializing ptracers from data, as opposed to pickup files, simply set PTRACERS_Iter0 to niter0
and read in the initial conditions by specifying PTRACERS_initialFile(1)=..., etc

On the other hand if you want to read from a pickup file, then simply hack the last few lines of ptracers_init_varia.F,
i.e.,

C Read from a pickup file if needed
      IF ( nIter0.GT.PTRACERS_Iter0 .OR.
     &    (nIter0.EQ.PTRACERS_Iter0 .AND. pickupSuff.NE.' ')
     &   ) THEN

       CALL PTRACERS_READ_PICKUP( nIter0, myThid )
      ENDIF

Changing the IF statement above and passing PTRACERS_Iter0 instead of nIter0 to the function call
should work. I don't offhand see what harm that would do.

Samar