[MITgcm-support] Restart MITGCM model

Yuan Lian lian at ashimaresearch.com
Thu Jun 24 02:31:24 EDT 2010

When you restart from pickup files, the model will reproduce the dynamic
field recorded in
these pickup files. For instance, "pickup.0000086400" will produce
"U.0000086400' etc. These
should be identical to your model outputs at time step 86400 regardless
it is time averaged or
not. If you really want to see if this works, simply run the restart
from pickup files
in a new directory. Then you can compare files by
diff U.0000086400.001.001.data
"your_restart_folder/U.0000086400.001.001.data'.
There should be no difference unless something is wrong.

Yuan