[MITgcm-support] Restart MITGCM model

anuradha.modi at iccsir.org anuradha.modi at iccsir.org
Thu Jun 24 01:40:58 EDT 2010

Hi Jean-Michel,
Thanks for your comments..
According to your suggestions, I restarted the 500year climatological run from the picup file (pickup.0000086400.001.001.data)
by changing the data file as follows
startTime = 933120000., (86400*10800)
 endtime = 15552000000.,
deltaTmom = 1800.,
 deltaTtracer = 10800.,
 deltaTClock = 10800.,
 tauCD = 36000.,
I gave the run in the same folder where the previous run was stopped. Now the model restarted, but the output files may be overwrited the previous output files (which have 30years of output).
My questions are
If we restart we should give the run in a new folder?
If so we will have two sets of output files. To make the analysis easy if I want each variable in a single output file
 cat these two output files will do?
eg: cat Ttave.001.001.data Ttave.001.001.data ( this will do)
Is it the correct procedure?

Your help is highly appreciated.........

Regards
Anuradha M,
Indian Centre for Climate and Societal Impacts Research (ICCSIR)
Ahmedabad Education Society compound, opp. H.L. Commerce College
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad 380009, India
e-mail: anuradha.modi at iccsir.org;