[MITgcm-support] [MITgcm Manual] section 6.15 NetCDF I/O Integration: MNC

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Wed Jun 23 07:52:41 EDT 2010

Hi Phil,

Just 2 commnets:
1) Some of the documentation links you are pointed to are from
  the Release-1 version:
  > http://mitgcm.org/public/sealion/
  Probably better to look at the latest version:
  > http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/
  (more recent but not fully up-to-date neither).
2) The "WARNING" you are getting are related to failure in compiling/link
  NetCDF code/library.
  When you run "genmake2", there are several tests to check if we have the
  right things set-up to compile and run with NetCDF. If this step is not
  successful, then ALLOW_MNC is disable and if you try to run with
  useMNC=T (data.pkg) you will get this warning message.
  To fix this, I would recommand to check the optfile you are using for
  this platform (and to speed-up this task, you can probably figure out
   whether this works or  not just by running "genmake2").

Cheers,
Jean-Michel