[MITgcm-support] maintaining sea ice coverage over multi-year run on cs32

Andrew Keats wakeats at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 07:16:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have been running the dynamic sea ice model according to the
conditions in verification/global_ocean.cs32x15/input.icedyn, and
after only 3 to 4 years, the winter ice cover seems to be reduced by
quite a bit (especially around Antarctica).  Does anyone know if
there is a specific set of parameters/external forcings I should be
using in order to maintain good sea ice cover year after year?

Many thanks,

Andrew

--
Andrew Keats