[MITgcm-support] Climtological run

anuradha.modi at iccsir.org anuradha.modi at iccsir.org
Fri Jun 18 08:36:59 EDT 2010

Thank you Martin..
I am going to through the reference (Danabasoglu 2004 in Ocean Modelling 7:323-341) which you mentioned.

When I tried to run the model for 300 year changing the
dumpFreq = 0.,
 taveFreq =0.,
monitorFreq = 30., ( As per your suggestion)
 Model was stopped following error has come
[anuradha at iccsirws2 test1]$ ./mitgcmuv.amz > 300yrrun.txt
(PID.TID 0000.0001) *** ERROR *** MDSWRITEFIELD: invalid value for irecord
STOP ABNORMAL END: S/R MDSWRITEFIELD statement executed

The data and 300yrrun.txt files are attached

What can be the problem?

I also want to know how to restart the model, when it is stopped in between because of some reason like power off
What the changes I should do to the model to run from that point where it stopped.

Kindly help me...........

Regards
Anuradha Modi
India