[MITgcm-support] Open boundary conditions!

Nicolas Grisouard nicolas.grisouard at legi.grenoble-inp.fr
Thu Jun 3 08:07:59 EDT 2010

Hi,

The default setting for the boundaries is periodic. So if you turn
OBCs off, you will get at one boundary the same value as at the
opposite boundary, not zero.

I don't know about the freezing temperatures, sorry.

Cheers,
Nicolas

Le 1 juin 10 à 03:50, Ertyy a écrit :

> Dear ALL:
>       when configured a regional application, how does the open
> boundary value be determined? I have turned off the useOBCs,
> however, the outmost grid still have values. Another problem is
> that, grids with temperature under freezing (about -3 degree) were
> generated, I have no idea since the sea ice module has been turned
> on, and constant freezing point is used.

Nicolas Grisouard
PhD Student - ERES research group
Laboratoire des Ecoulements Geophysiques et Industriels
BP53
GRENOBLE CEDEX 9 FRANCE
tel : +33 (0) 476 825 037 - fax : +33 (0) 476 827 022
http://nicolas.grisouard.free.fr