[MITgcm-support] mitgcm on nersc machine franklin

Christopher L.P. Wolfe clwolfe at ucsd.edu
Sun Jan 24 16:00:56 EST 2010

Alan,

I've been running the MITgcm on Franklin for some time. Here is the opt file I've been using

------

#!/bin/bash
#
# Build options for Cray Opteron system "franklin" at NERSC
# CLW 09/24/07
#

NETCDF=${NETCDF_DIR}

FC=ftn
CC=cc
LINK=ftn
DEFINES='-DWORDLENGTH=4 -DTARGET_CRAYXT'
CPP='cpp  -traditional -P'
NOOPTFLAGS='-O0'
INCLUDES="-I${MPICH_DIR}/include -I$NETCDF/include"
LIBS="-L$NETCDF/lib -lnetcdf"

FFLAGS='-byteswapio -r8 -Mnodclchk -Mextend'
FOPTIM='-byteswapio -fastsse -O3'

------

Some of the older versions of MITgcm needed some additional tinkering to manage opening the namelist files when running with lots of MPI processes, but that's been fixed since checkpoint61t.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Christopher

On Jan 23, 2010, at 11:11 PM, acondron at sfos.uaf.edu wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I would be interested to know if anyone has successfully compiled MITgcm
> on the NERSC machine Franklin, or if anyone could help me adjust an
> existing optfile to allow me to run on this machine?
>
> Some basic info about the machine can be found here
> http://www.nersc.gov/nusers/resources/franklin/
>
> What are some of the main things I need to know/change? I'm guessing I
> will need to know FC, CC, LINK and INCLUDES?
>
> Any help, as always, gratefully appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> Alan
>

> Dr Alan Condron
> 112 O'Neill
> P.O. Box 755220
> University of Alaska Fairbanks
> Fairbanks, AK 99775-7220
> Phone: (907) 474-7707

Dr. Christopher L. Wolfe              	   858-534-4560
Physical Oceanography Research Division    OAR 357
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UCSD  clwolfe at ucsd.edu