[MITgcm-support] mnc missing values

David Hebert david.hebert at nrlssc.navy.mil
Thu Jan 21 12:47:14 EST 2010

I'd like to start running simulations with mnc package for netcdf output
rather than mdsio. I have a few questions regarding the mnc package  I
hope to get some help with.//

1 Since mnc writes on per tile basis, is it best to use
globalFiles=.TRUE. (and hence useSingleCpuIO=.FALSE.)?
2) I see there is a logical flag "use_missing" in MNC_CW_READWRITE_I.F.
Is this intended to be used to write missing values to netcdf output? If
so, can someone point me to where this flag should be set (i.e., what
namelist, don't seem to find it in any other .F files). Also, is a place
to specify what the missing value is?

Thanks,

David

--