[MITgcm-support] how to specify the vertical and horizontal diffusivity at every gridding point

张正光 forget53 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 21:50:08 EST 2010

Dear MITgcm support list,

    I want to run a experiment which I can specify the vertical and
horizontal diffusivity at every gridding point,so I can investigate the
influence of the mixing hotpoint on the circulation.
    I've got some clue on the internet, for example, the 3D diffusivity file
 "diffkrfile" and the imformation in the CPP_OPTION.h:
       C o Allow full 3D specification of vertical diffusivity
       #undef ALLOW_3D_DIFFKR
    but I can't figure out how to exactly use them, can you give me a
detailed instruction about how to specify the vertical and horizontal
diffusivity at every gridding point?
    Thank you very much!
    call me  Guang is ok.

 Guang