[MITgcm-support] Exf package and interpolation in time

Georges Djoumna gdjoumna at math.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jan 7 12:46:53 EST 2010

Dear all,
I'm trying to use the EXF package with interpolation in  time, I have
100 hourly observed data at  three point in the computational domain,
I've done the interpolation in space ( I've created a binary file
containing hourly observed data) and I want the code to do the linear
interpolation in time. The time step for the simulation is 150s.

In data.exf, I've set the startdate1, startdate2 and the period  for
each forcing . For example
  hfluxstartdate1   = 20050401,
  hfluxstartdate2   = 00000,
  hfluxperiod       = 150.0,

  In data.cal I have
#
# *******************
# Calendar Parameters
# *******************
  &CAL_NML
# TheCalendar='model',
  TheCalendar='gregorian',
  startDate_1=20050401,
  startDate_2=000000,
  &

when the time step is close to the number of observation value, the
code stop because the binary file contains 100 observed values.

I set #defined verbose in EXF_OPTION and gets
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  exf_GetFFieldsRec:
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  MDS_READ_FIELD: opening global file:
ZWindMet_Erie2002_IDWSpace_2Km.bin
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  exf_GetFFieldsRec:
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  exf_GetFFieldsRec: first, changed, fac:   F
T   0.10000000D+01
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  exf_GetFFieldsRec: myiter, count0, count1:
1      2      3
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  exf_GetFFieldsRec:
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  MDS_READ_FIELD: opening global file:
MWindMet_Erie2002_IDWSpace_2Km.bin
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  exf_GetFFieldsRec:
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  exf_GetFFieldsRec: first, changed, fac:   F
T   0.10000000D+01
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  exf_GetFFieldsRec: myiter, count0, count1:
1      2      3
(PID.TID 0000.0001)  exf_GetFFieldsRec:

I doing something wrong somewhere, but I don't know what exactly. Any
help is welcome.
Thanks so much.

Georges Djoumna