[MITgcm-support] paleo runs and model drift

Holly Dail hdail at MIT.EDU
Sun Apr 4 10:36:10 EDT 2010

Andrew -

The following is an example of work related to the paleo problem:
Wunsch and P. Heimbach, How long to oceanic tracer and proxy
equilibrium?, Quat. Sci. Rev. 27 (2008), pp. 637–651

I'm working on the LGM using the MIT GCM for my thesis, but haven't
yet written anything up.

As for drift in long model runs, I've tried several approaches to
balancing heat and FW inputs to reduce long term drift in mean T/S.
I'm happy to discuss those with you.  Which specific drift problem are
you concerned with?

Holly