[MITgcm-support] Shortwave radiation

Georges Djoumna gdjoumna at math.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Sep 10 16:09:47 EDT 2009

Dear all,
I'am running a simulation with constant shortwave radiation (200 W/m2)
and wind speed (.56 m/s) using the exf package. The water temperature
is increasing quadratically at the surface and linearly below the
surface until the solution blows up. If I add the air temperature, the
solution behaves well.  Does anyone has already face this type of
problem? I'am looking for suggestions in other to figure out what is
the source of the problem.

Thanks.

Dr. Georges Djoumna
Post Doctorate Fellow
Faculty of Mathematics
Department of Applied Mathematics
University of Waterloo
Office MC 5135
Waterloo, Ontario
Canada N2L 3G1

E-mail        :  gdjoumna at math.uwaterloo.ca
Office Phone  :  1 519 888 4567 Ext 36648